Posted on 04/20/2016
5 tips to help you remember your retainer
Have you ever woken up to the sound of your alarm, only to have your first thought be, “Oh no! I forgot to wear my retainer!” If this has only happened once, don’t worry, it happens to everyone. However, if you find that forgetting your retainer is becoming an unwelcome habit, here are 5 tips to help you remember:
- Tip No. 1:Write down a copy of your retainer instructions, including the times you need to wear it. Writing things down can help you remember details.
- Tip No. 2:Put a note on your mirror reminding you about your retainer. You will notice it when preparing for bed.
- Tip No. 3:Set a recurring alarm on your phone to remind you every time you need to put in your retainer.
- Tip No. 4:Always put your retainer in its case when you’re not wearing it. This will help keep you from losing it or throwing it away.
- Tip No.5:Ask for help. If you’re struggling with maintaining a strict schedule, ask a parent, spouse or friend to help remind you.